Who we are
Bloom is a non-governmental initiative where the team comes from diverse communities and backgrounds, creating a community with strong ties. Bloom was founded in 2018, while being affiliated with a team that has been running entrepreneurship programs since 2008, and is currently running 5 programs supporting startups and accelerators across the Middle East & Africa, has more than 50 partners, and is growing. Bloom programs to help individuals, businesses, and accelerators create jobs and grow, while building a new training methodology and software to support startups, small and medium businesses, and entrepreneurship support programs. Many issues, including education, health, telecoms, financial inclusion, migration, sanitation, food/agriculture, conflict/crisis response, and more, are being handled throughout specific programs.
We are searching for experienced and enthusiastic people to join Bloom’s team. We are a team that knows no borders, believes in remote work, and collaborates with the best people worldwide, wherever they are. We value each team member’s personal growth and ambitions, just as they support the growth and ambitions of our organization. We see ourselves as a family, help and look after each other; we are interested in someone who can add their positive vibes to the team! Please see our mission, vision, and values on our About page, and how we’re building a culture built on respect, fun, kindness, impact, and more, and if you’re as excited about those as we are, then we look forward to connecting with you about possibly joining the team!
We are looking for an experienced Program Manager to join our team! This person will manage entrepreneurship and skills development programs, targeting Lebanon and the MENA + Africa region to support the growth journeys of novel and scalable businesses supporting the achievement of the SDGs in the places where it’s most needed.
Bloom brings about positive change through our programs and methods that bridge personal, professional, and organizational development.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Assist in managing program operations with the support of the programs’ team.
- Manage programs’ requirements in collaboration with the programs’ team and in coordination with concerned departments, including planning, execution, follow-up, outreach and mobilization of stakeholders, budgeting, monitoring, and reporting.
- Lead on organizing project activities (outreach, business support, etc.) with the help of the relevant teams.
- Follow up on implementation in coordination with the programs team.
- Assist in developing and managing the program’s support activities in coordination with the responsible team members or external consultants. Activities can include capacity building, coaching and mentoring, entrepreneurship training, and events collaborating with the program’s team.
- Oversee and support in producing reporting on the progress and status of projects.
- Learn, and explore opportunities through researching new practices and improving existing tools of the programs.
- Minimum of three years as Program Manager or in a similar role, previous experience in entrepreneurship education is preferred.
- Demonstrable competency in project management
- A good understanding of entrepreneurship
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Comfortable working remotely and keen to learn new technologies
- Part-time ok to start (minimum 3-4 days/week availability), with a preference towards full-time availability shortly.
- Remote work / partial remote work is ok, though at least some part-time presence in Lebanon is helpful.
- The initial contract is as a “consultant/contractor”, with the potential for shifting to a full-time position in the future.