HR (Human Relations) & People Development Specialist
We are looking for an experienced and professional HR (Human Relations) & People Development Specialist to join our team! This person will be responsible for advising and supporting us on best practices for sourcing, attracting and hiring job candidates for open positions, helping us improve team learning and performance, plus providing guidance and support to teams in our programs to help them in their HR and people development activities as well. (If you landed directly on this page, please also visit Join the Team, and About Us.)
We’re working to build an amazing team that can effectively work together, learn together, and innovate together. Our team is distributed across three countries, with primary programs currently in Lebanon and MENA. We’re looking for someone with experience in building growth-oriented teams that are remote/distributed, tech-enabled, and passionate about social impact on some of our world’s most difficult challenges, in most difficult places.
- Recruitment & Hiring
- Coordinate with the management team to determine hiring needs
- Develop and implement strategies based on the organization’s needs and culture
- Define job description and document specifications
- Identify prospective candidates using a variety of channels, including for organizational hires and program trainers
- Conduct confidential interviews and reference checks
- Develop a sustainable candidate lead strategy, including possible external activities, online discussions, or partner activities to boost our candidate pipeline
- Internal Team Development
- Lead implementation of an internal team “learning strategy” to support continual growth and improvement with the internal team
- Ensure succession and development plans are up to date for key roles
- Identify and support other areas of team development and growth by compiling training needs and suggesting trainings that contribute to our efforts to build a culture of growth, creativity, excellence, and impact.
- Conduct regular 1-to-1’s to ensure continual communication & strong rapport building between team members within the organization
- Understand Bloom’s Wellbeing Strategy and find ways and tools to support team members.
- Assist in feedback and growth policy implementation
- HR & People Development for startups & SMES in our programs
- Providing training and support to startups and SMEs in our programs to help them improve their HR strategies and efforts, and explore ways that we can provide further support to them
- Minimum of three (3) years of professional HR and people development experience
- Experience in leveraging technology to improve HR and people development activities
- Experience in performance measurement and HR reporting
- Experience in planning and conducting interviews
- Training and facilitation experience
- Excellent communication skills in English; Arabic and French are plusses
- Ability to work methodically and meet deadlines
- Part-time ok to start (minimum 3-4 days/week availability), with preference towards full-time availability in the near future
- Remote work / partial remote work is ok, though at least some part-time presence in Lebanon is helpful
- Initial contract is as a “consultant/contractor”, with potential for shifting to a full-time position in the future
- All positions can be paid into accounts in Lebanon (fresh money accounts) or abroad.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted regarding the next steps.
If you have any questions about this position, please email them to: hr [at] bloom.pm